We have now opened our beta trial for FileCentral Desktop.
This application will improve functionality and reliability when uploading files to FileCentral.
It provides the following extended functionality:
* Automatic retries
* Pause and resume of uploads
* Possibility to send files larger than 2 GB
* Files are transparently split into smaller parts during upload in order avoid limitations in some firewalls.
The beta trial runs on http://beta.filecentral.se which is a separate system with a “clean” database. This means that in order to participate you need to register and verify your e-mail account before logging in.
After the beta period the database will be cleared again and therefore the beta system should not be used for important files/transmissions.
We have increased the levels for the free acount in the beta environment to business levels plus it is possible to send up to 5 GB in one job.
In order to participate:
1. Register at http://beta.filecentral.se
2. Download and install the client (bi-lingual, english and swedish)
Mac: http://updates.filecentral.se/files/fcdesktop-1.1.25547-20101228-osx.dmg (50 MB)
Windows: http://updates.filecentral.se/files/fcdesktop-1.1.25547-20101228-windows-installer.exe (111 MB)
3. Read through the FileCentral User’s Guide (PDF)
4. Run the application. You need to fill out your account information and also choose “Server: Test (beta.filecentral.se)” on the tab “Settings” -> “Account”.
5. Please provide us your feedback by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your feedback (positive or negative) and your ideas on how to improve the application and site.
Thank you very much for your support!